1. You will hear amazing stories without having to ask
2. The person you are helping really needs and appreciates your care
3. If you want to know how to get a stain out of something, they will know
4. If you want to know how to cook something, they will know
5. You won’t be stuck for something to say
6. You’ll get to hear jokes you’ve not heard before
7. The men wear dapper suits
8. The ladies wear beautiful jewellery
9. They will surprise you, one way or another
10. They will always remember you
At Benefacto, we’re working with some fantastic charities that help to provide a broad range of services and company to older people within the community. The key to making the most out of your volunteering with an elderly charity – be talkative!
For most of their members your time and interaction with them is likely to be the only company they’ve had all week, so make it count.
If you’re keen to volunteer with the older generation, take a look at some of the fantastic charities we’re currently working alongside;
For more info on how you can get involved e-mail: email@example.com