This Policy and Benefacto
What services does this policy cover?
What information do you collect?
When and how do you collect information?
How will you use my information?
Will I be sent marketing messages?
Do you share my information?
Are my details safe?
How can I change my details?
Changes to the policy
At Benefacto, there are three main reasons we collect different information from people who use our website.
- To help us to provide you with the volunteering services you’ve asked for
- To help us improve the website, the experience you have and the quality of the volunteering brokerage
- To send, with your permission, newsletters, insights and useful information about volunteering and Benefacto.
Most of the information we hold is given to us directly by you, when you book to volunteer, join Benefacto as a corporate client, subscribe to a newsletter or download, or fill in a survey.
We also collect some data through cookies, this allows us to save some of your preferences when using the site, and gives us statistical insight into how people use our services and how we can improve them.
We never collect more information than is necessary for the job in hand.
Your information is very important to us and we look after it carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws.
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to Benefacto Limited.
Benefacto is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 9983066.) with registered office at The Cider House, Higher Farm Lane, North Barrow, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7LX. Our VAT registration number is 237 4987 63. We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA188315. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Our data controller is designated as Ben Darlington. To contact him please email email@example.com
To find out more about our work and the team that make the magic happen please visit our About Us page.
Our services may include (without limitation) the volunteering brokerage platform, social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs and other services which we may offer at or via the website at www.benefacto.org.
This policy covers all of the Services and any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
• when you book to volunteer through the volunteering platform;
• when you register for Services. including (without limitation) subscribing for or downloading content from us or when you otherwise update your details;
• when you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
• when you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw, or you vote in one of our polls;
• when you request to be sent communications such as updates or newsletters;
• in monitoring your use of the Services including (without limitation) communications sent by you via the Services;
• when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point;
• from third party suppliers who have confirmed to us that they are authorised to pass your information to us in accordance with your legal rights.
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience;
- send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- contact you with service messages;
- administer the prize if you are a prize winner, and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners;
Generally, we will only send you marketing messages if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. We also might periodically send information, recommendations and insights if you are an existing service user of Benefacto, have been in the past or are in conversation with us about becoming one.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained at the bottom of every marketing email we send or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third parties for any marketing purposes.
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- when you book to volunteer we will pass on your names and contact details to the charity with which you have booked and to our liaison (normally the CSR lead) at the company to which you belong;
- as part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- to certain third party companies to perform some functions of the Services on our behalf (for example sending e-mails to you or analysing data that is collected from the Services) or to provide services to us. These third parties are only allowed access to your information needed to perform such functions or to provide such services. They are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information in-line with the recommendations of the Information Commissioners Office. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
You can change your details on our subscription page here or by emailing Ben at email@example.com